2 CHRONICLES 7:14 If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
LET US BE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL
LORD GOD Almighty, help us to watch You. To keep our eyes fixed upon You and to worship You for all that You are! Help us to see You for who You are and worship You in all of You are!
• PSALM 59:9 You are my strength, I watch for You; You, GOD, are my fortress.
• MICAH 7:7 But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.
• HABAKKUK 2:1 I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint.
BLESSED SAVIOR, LORD JESUS, help us to watch YOU work in the nations, our nation, and our local area, and thank You for ALL that You are doing around us. Help us to pay attention to what GOD is doing around us this week!
• HABAKKUK 5:5 Look at the nations and watch—and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.
• MATTHEW 24:42 Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.
• 1 PETER 4:7 The end of all things is near. Therefore, be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray.
WATCHING WITH GOD
ABBA, FATHER, GOD, help us to watch and pray WITH YOU and see the news and world events through Your eyes. Thank YOU for Your invitation to join You in watchful praying. Teach us to see matters through Your perspective and pray as Your Spirit gives direction!
• GENESIS 28:15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.
• EZEKIEL 22:30 I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one.
• PROVERBS 15:3 The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good.
• PSALM 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
CURRENT WORLD EVENTS AND BREAKING NEWS
Military Junta in Niger Ignores Ultimatum From West African Leaders
8/8/2023 — Niger (Mission Network News) The clock has expired for Niger’s military junta to stand down. After seizing power and detaining Niger’s president Mohamed Bazoum, the junta got an ultimatum from the West African regional bloc: Reinstate the ousted president by Sunday, or face possible foreign military intervention.The ultimatum deadline passed with no action from the junta. Click here for more: https://www.mnnonline.org/news/military-junta-niger-ignores-ultimatum-from-west-african-leaders/
Dire Need for Humanitarian Aid in the Lake Chad Basin
8/8/2023 – Sahel (International Christian Concern). Due to religious extremism, climate change, economic challenges, displacements, and unstable governments, 11 million people in Cameroon, Chad, Niger, and Nigeria are affected by crises in their daily lives. Leaders in this region have come to recognize that aiding the people is the first step to creating lasting peace and stability in this region. Click here for more information: https://www.persecution.org/2023/08/08/dire-need-for-humanitarian-aid-in-the-lake-chad-basin/
Worsening Nigeria’s Fulani Christians are Attacked from Every Side
8/7/2023 – Kenya (International Christian Concern) Wracked by decades of violence, Nigeria is a country divided by deep fault lines in every direction. Ethnic heritage, geography, political party, economics, religious background—all serve as flashpoints for violence between communities. Click here for more: https://www.persecution.org/2023/08/07/nigerias-christian-fulani-face-persecution-from-all-sides/
Coup in Niger Creates Questions of Anti-Terrorist Movements in the Sahel
8/4/2023 – Niger (International Christian Concern) The future governing structure of Niger continues to be uncertain as the country remains in a state of emergency after the fallout from a military coup. West African nations have given the coup leaders one week to return power to President Mohamed Bazoum and have threatened the use of force. Niger is in the region in Africa known as the Sahel, comprised of many countries in the Sahara Desert. Click here: https://www.persecution.org/2023/08/04/coup-in-niger-creates- questions-of-anti-terrorist-movements-in-the-sahel/
Death Count Passes 400 From Starvation Cult in Kenya
8/3/2023 – Kenya (Mission Network News) In Kenya, a doomsday cult’s death toll has passed 400. Detectives recently discovered 12 more bodies of cult victims in the Malindi forest area who died of starvation. The cult preacher Paul Mackenzie has been in custody with 36 other suspects after coercing hundreds of his followers to starve themselves and their children to death to meet Jesus. Most of were women and children. Another 95 people have been rescued from the cult. Click here for more information: https://www.mnnonline.org/news/death- count-passes-400-from-starvation-cult-in-kenya/
PRAYERS FOR THE CHURCH AND THE PERSECUTED BELIEVERS
• Pray for the communities in North Ethiopia experiencing continued murder, violence, and unrest
• Pray for frontline pastors, workers, and their families in countries hostile to Christianity
• Pray for the believers who are persecuted, imprisoned, and even killed for their faith
• Pray for our persecuted brothers and sisters who are under attack. That they would know the hope God gives (Ephesians 1:18) and that the Holy Spirit will strengthen them (Ephesians 3:16)
• It is the attitude of a heart sincerely seeking Him to which God responds with a blessing (Isaiah 58, Jeremiah 14:12, and 1 Corinthians 8:8)
Weekly prayer insights from the heart of Pastor Getaneh. It is time to pray, let us pray that your will be done. Have your way!