2 CHRONICLES 7:14 If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
LET US BE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL
LORD GOD Almighty, help us to watch You. To keep our eyes fixed upon You and to worship You for all that You are! Help us to see You for who You are and worship You in all of You are!
• PSALM 59:9 You are my strength, I watch for You; You, GOD, are my fortress.
• MICAH 7:7 But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.
• HABAKKUK 2:1 I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint.
BLESSED SAVIOR, LORD JESUS, help us to watch YOU work in the nations, our nation, and our local area, and thank You for ALL that You are doing around us. Help us to pay attention to what GOD is doing around us this week!
• HABAKKUK 5:5 Look at the nations and watch—and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.
• MATTHEW 24:42 Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.
• 1 PETER 4:7 The end of all things is near. Therefore, be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray.
WATCHING WITH GOD
ABBA, FATHER, GOD, help us to watch and pray WITH YOU and see the news and world events through Your eyes. Thank YOU for Your invitation to join You in watchful praying. Teach us to see matters through Your perspective and pray as Your Spirit gives direction!
• GENESIS 28:15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.
• EZEKIEL 22:30 I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one.
• PROVERBS 15:3 The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good.
• PSALM 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
CURRENT WORLD EVENTS AND BREAKING NEWS
Babies Killed, Women Raped, Civilians Brutally Murdered: Shocking Details of Hamas Attack
10/11/2023 – Israel (The Statesman) At least 40 babies were killed, some of them beheaded, and their mothers were shot at point blank range by Hamas militants in their surprise attack on Israel last week… Hamas militants went door to door and killed entire families – children, their mothers and fathers. Some of the women were raped before being brutally murdered, while others were paraded on trucks naked… Click here: https://www.thestatesman.com/world/israel-gaza-war-hamas-attack-babies-killed-women-raped-1503230299.html
Christians Suffer on Both Sides of Israel-Hamas War
10/9/2023 — Israel (Mission Network News) Saturday morning, “2,000 terrorists walked out of the Gaza Strip into Israel, then started kidnapping and killing people. Nobody knew what was happening. It was Shabbat, at the end of a Jewish holiday, Uncharted Ministries’ Tom Doyle says. Christians suffer on both sides as the death toll continues to soar. Click here: https://www.mnnonline.org/news/christians-suffer-on-both-sides-of-israel-hamas-war/
A Christian Community in Nigeria Mourns, Hours After Celebrating Nigeria’s Independence
10/6/2023 – Nigeria (International Christian Concern) Hours after celebrating Nigeria’s 63rd Independence Anniversary at a local church in Kwall district of Bassa county, north central Nigeria, eight people were killed during a night attack by Fulani extremists, who normally graze their cattle at night. The attackers came when it was raining, and the attack lasted for about an hour. Click here for more: https://www.persecution.org/2023/10/06/a-christian-community-in-nigeria-mourns/
Tigray Women Struggle to Heal in the Wake of Systematic Sexual Assault
10/5/2023 – Ethiopia (Mission Network News) In Tigray region of Ethiopia, rebuilding has begun in the wake of a brutal civil war that ended in 2022. The fighting cut the region off from the rest of the world. Invading forces used mass sexual assault against women and girls as a weapon of psychological warfare. Click here: https://www.mnnonline.org/news/tigray-women-struggle-to-heal-in-the-wake-of-systematic-sexual-assault/
Masalit Encounter Gospel Despite Darfur Slaughter
10/4/2023 – Sudan (Mission Network News) A Western coalition calls on the United Nations to formally investigate atrocities in Sudan… People are killed in their homes and the streets; women and girls are raped; hundreds of thousands are fleeing Sudan, and Arab fighters are scorning ethnic Africans as slaves…They’ve just lost everything. Their homes were burned, their families have been killed, and yet they stand in the middle of the crisis proclaiming and living out Christ Jesus, says a Gospel worker focused on Sudan. Click here for more: https://www.mnnonline.org/news/masalit-encounter-gospel-despite-darfur-slaughter/
PRAYERS FOR THE CHURCH AND THE PERSECUTED BELIEVERS
• Pray for an immediate end to violence and bloodshed. Pray for the people of Israel and Gaza, that God will grant them His divine protection and bring peace to this troubled region. Pray for the miraculous rescues of hostages taken by Hamas.
• Pray for Wose and Getaneh, pray for Getaneh’s health.
• Pray for the communities in North Ethiopia experiencing continued murder, violence, and unrest.
• Pray for frontline pastors, workers, and their families in countries hostile to Christianity.
• Pray for the believers who are persecuted, imprisoned, and even killed for their faith.
• Pray for our persecuted brothers and sisters who are under attack. That they would know the hope God gives (Ephesians 1:18) and that the Holy Spirit will strengthen them (Ephesians 3:16)
• It is the attitude of a heart sincerely seeking Him to which God responds with a blessing (Isaiah 58, Jeremiah 14:12, and 1 Corinthians 8:8)
Weekly prayer insights from the heart of Pastor Getaneh. It is time to pray, let us pray that your will be done. Have your way!