2 CHRONICLES 7:14 If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
LET US BE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL
LORD GOD Almighty, help us to watch You. To keep our eyes fixed upon You and to worship You for all that You are! Help us to see You for who You are and worship You in all of You are!
• PSALM 59:9 You are my strength, I watch for You; You, GOD, are my fortress.
• MICAH 7:7 But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.
• HABAKKUK 2:1 I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint.
BLESSED SAVIOR, LORD JESUS, help us to watch YOU work in the nations, our nation, and our local area, and thank You for ALL that You are doing around us. Help us to pay attention to what GOD is doing around us this week!
• HABAKKUK 5:5 Look at the nations and watch--and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.
• MATTHEW 24:42 Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.
• 1 PETER 4:7 The end of all things is near. Therefore, be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray.
WATCHING WITH GOD
ABBA, FATHER, GOD, help us to watch and pray WITH YOU and see the news and world events through Your eyes. Thank YOU for Your invitation to join You in watchful praying. Teach us to see matters through Your perspective and pray as Your Spirit gives direction!
• GENESIS 28:15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.
• EZEKIEL 22:30 I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one.
• PROVERBS 15:3 The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good.
• PSALM 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
CURRENT WORLD EVENTS AND BREAKING NEWS
Ugandan Farmers See Increased Harvest With Farming God’s Way
6/6/2023 -- Uganda (Mission Network News) Planting season just finished in Uganda and now it’s growing season! Unfortunately, many areas of Uganda often go through food shortages depending on drought conditions and other environmental or socioeconomic factors. Click here for more: https://www.mnnonline.org/news/ugandan- farmers-see-increased-harvest-with-farming-gods-way/
Ten Murdered in Latest DRC Attack
6/5/2023 – DRC (International Christian Concern) Suspected terrorists killed ten people in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) last week, according to the Agency French Press. “It all started around 8:00 pm. We were surprised by the ADF while we were in our houses,” said village resident Socrates Mumbere. An unknown number of people were also abducted during the attack. Mumbere said Congolese and Ugandan troops were stationed just three kilometers (2 miles) from the site of the attack. Click here: https://www.persecution.org/2023/06/05/ten-murdered-in-drc/
Christians Remain As War-Torn Country Faces Refugee Exodus
6/5/2023 – East Africa (Mission Network News) Needs abound in one East African nation. Insecurity in Murugo* recently descended into an all-out war, forcing millions to flee. The instability here threatens to destabilize the entire region. “Nearly 20 projects have, in one way or another, been impacted” by the current unrest, Wycliffe Associates’ Sam Todd says. Click here for more information: https://www.mnnonline.org/news/christians- remain-as-war-torn-country-faces-refugee-exodus/
43 Christians Massacred in Central Nigeria
6/2/2023 – Nigeria (International Christian Concern) A church pastor and his wife were among the 43 Christians murdered last month in two separate village attacks. “The Rev. Daniel Danbeki of the Evangelical Church Winning All (ECWA) in Takalafiya village, Karu County, and his wife were killed along with villagers who were sleeping in their homes the night of May 11 in the attack that lasted until the early hours of May 12,” survivors told Morning Star News. A church building was also burned down along with numerous homes. Click here for more: https://www.persecution.org/2023/06/02/central-nigeria-massacre/
Drone Attack on Moscow: A Stark Contrast To Life In Ukraine
6/1/2023 – Russia/Ukraine (Mission Network News) The Kremlin accused Ukraine of drone attacks on civilian areas of Moscow Tuesday morning. Russian President Vladimir Putin responded saying Ukraine is trying to frighten Russian citizens, and condemned the attack. A few buildings in Moscow had minor damage and some residents were evacuated from their homes. The drone attacks on Moscow stand in stark contrast to the reality of attacks Ukrainians face every day since the Russian invasion last year. Click here for more: https://www.mnnonline.org/news/drone-attack-on-moscow-stark-contrast-to-life-in-ukraine/
PRAYERS FOR THE CHURCH AND THE PERSECUTED BELIEVERS
• Pray for Getenah and the team who are in Kenya
• Pray for the communities experiencing continued murder, violence, and unrest
• Pray for frontline pastors, workers, and their families in countries hostile to Christianity
• Pray for the believers who are persecuted, imprisoned, and even killed for their faith
• Pray for our persecuted brothers and sisters who are under attack. That they would know the hope
God gives (Ephesians 1:18) and that the Holy Spirit will strengthen them (Ephesians 3:16)
• It is the attitude of a heart sincerely seeking Him to which God responds with a blessing (Isaiah 58,
Jeremiah 14:12, and 1 Corinthians 8:8)
Weekly prayer insights from the heart of Pastor Getaneh. It is time to pray, let us pray that your will be done. Have your way!