2 CHRONICLES 7:14 If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
LET US BE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL
LORD GOD Almighty, help us to watch You. To keep our eyes fixed upon You and to worship You for all that You are! Help us to see You for who You are and worship You in all of You are!
• PSALM 59:9 You are my strength, I watch for You; You, GOD, are my fortress.
• MICAH 7:7 But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.
• HABAKKUK 2:1 I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint.
BLESSED SAVIOR, LORD JESUS, help us to watch YOU work in the nations, our nation, and our local area, and thank You for ALL that You are doing around us. Help us to pay attention to what GOD is doing around us this week!
• HABAKKUK 5:5 Look at the nations and watch—and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.
• MATTHEW 24:42 Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.
• 1 PETER 4:7 The end of all things is near. Therefore, be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray.
WATCHING WITH GOD
ABBA, FATHER, GOD, help us to watch and pray WITH YOU and see the news and world events through Your eyes. Thank YOU for Your invitation to join You in watchful praying. Teach us to see matters through Your perspective and pray as Your Spirit gives direction!
• GENESIS 28:15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.
• EZEKIEL 22:30 I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one.
• PROVERBS 15:3 The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good.
• PSALM 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
CURRENT WORLD EVENTS AND BREAKING NEWS
Fighting and Genocide Intensify in Sudan
6/27/2023 — Sudan (Mission Network News) A regional Fighting intensified in Sudan over the weekend…At least 2,000 people have died in the last ten weeks, and more than 2.5 million Sudanese are on the run. Guerrilla Rapid Support Forces (RSF) gunmen routinely open fire on crowds of people as they flee, the United Nations reports. Click here for more: https://www.mnnonline.org/news/fighting-and-genocide-intensify-in-sudan/
Five Men Killed by Al-Shabaab Terrorists in Kenya
6/25/2023 – Kenya (International Christian Concern) Five men were beheaded, and several houses were torched in Salama-Juhudi villages, Lamu, Kenya, after an attack by the Somali-based terrorist group, al-Shabaab, on Saturday. In a police statement Sunday morning, the 8 p.m. attack was reported by the village elder who informed them of an ambush by gunmen. “Upon arrival, we found that they had already killed people, set houses on fire and made away with livestock.” Click here for more: https://www.persecution.org/2023/06/26/five-men- killed-by-the-al-shabaab-terrorists-in-kenya/
Persecuted Christians Await Fate in Libya Limbo
6/23/2023 – Libya (Mission Network News) Six believers in Libya could soon face the death penalty for sharing their faith. The group was detained in March as part of a wider crackdown on Christ-followers in Tripoli. Two American missionaries were arrested and deported during the same period. Click here: https://www.mnnonline.org/news/persecuted- christians-await-fate-in-libya-limbo/
Church Attack in Uganda Leaves One Dead
6/22/2023 – Uganda (International Christian Concern) Suspected Islamic extremists stormed Katikara Anglican Church in Kakumiro District, western Uganda, hacking a church member to death and leaving several others injured on Tuesday. Kamumiro Police Chief confirmed the midnight incident saying, ‘‘People were attending overnight prayers when the attack happened. After the night prayers, they decided to sleep in the church. However, shortly after sleeping, people armed with pangas raided the church and started randomly hacking members of the congregation. One died on the spot, while others are nursing grave injuries. Others fled the church to save their lives.’ Click here: https://www.persecution.org/2023/06/22/church-attack-uganda-one-dead/
Isolation and Abuse Plague Child Marriages in Iran
6/22/2023 – Iran (Mission Network News) Since 2021 the number of child marriages in Iran has steadily increased. Many of these marriages involve young girls and men who are at least 10 years older than them. The Statistical Center of Iran (SCI) reported that 27,448 girls under the age of 15 were married in Iran between December 2021 and November 2022. Here: https://www.mnnonline.org/news/isolation-and-abuse-plagues-child-marriages-in-iran/
PRAYERS FOR THE CHURCH AND THE PERSECUTED BELIEVERS
• Pray for the communities experiencing continued murder, violence, and unrest
• Pray for frontline pastors, workers, and their families in countries hostile to Christianity
• Pray for the believers who are persecuted, imprisoned, and even killed for their faith
• Pray for our persecuted brothers and sisters who are under attack. That they would know the hope God gives (Ephesians 1:18) and that the Holy Spirit will strengthen them (Ephesians 3:16)
• It is the attitude of a heart sincerely seeking Him to which God responds with a blessing (Isaiah 58, Jeremiah 14:12, and 1 Corinthians 8:8)
Weekly prayer insights from the heart of Pastor Getaneh. It is time to pray, let us pray that your will be done. Have your way!