2 CHRONICLES 7:14 If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
LET US BE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL
LORD GOD Almighty, help us to watch You. To keep our eyes fixed upon You and to worship You for all that You are! Help us to see You for who You are and worship You in all of You are!
• PSALM 59:9 You are my strength, I watch for You; You, GOD, are my fortress.
• MICAH 7:7 But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.
• HABAKKUK 2:1 I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint.
BLESSED SAVIOR, LORD JESUS, help us to watch YOU work in the nations, our nation, and our local area, and thank You for ALL that You are doing around us. Help us to pay attention to what GOD is doing around us this week!
• HABAKKUK 5:5 Look at the nations and watch--and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.
• MATTHEW 24:42 Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.
• 1 PETER 4:7 The end of all things is near. Therefore, be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray.
WATCHING WITH GOD
ABBA, FATHER, GOD, help us to watch and pray WITH YOU and see the news and world events through Your eyes. Thank YOU for Your invitation to join You in watchful praying. Teach us to see matters through Your perspective and pray as Your Spirit gives direction!
• GENESIS 28:15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.
• EZEKIEL 22:30 I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one.
• PROVERBS 15:3 The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good.
• PSALM 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
CURRENT WORLD EVENTS AND BREAKING NEWS
Mangu Leader Calls for End to ‘Genocide’ and ‘Ethnic Cleansing’ in Nigeria
5/23/2023 – Nigeria (International Christian Concern) Amid the recent violence this week in the Mangu district in Plateau State, Nigeria, the head of the local development association – Sir Joseph Gwankat (KSM) Makaman Panyam – read the statement below at a press conference in Jos on Friday. His words and emotion gave insight into the depth and breadth of the struggle that local tribes and Christians have endured – as well as the causes and potential remedies for resolving the Fulani militant fray. Click here: https://www.persecution.org/2023/05/20/leader-calls-for-end-to-genocide-and-ethnic-cleansing-of-christians-in-nigeria/
Executions Surge in Iran
5/22/2023 – Iran (Mission Network News) State-sanctioned killings surge in Iran. Sixteen took place on Thursday alone, bringing the total to at least 112 executions in four weeks, according to The National Council of Resistance of Iran. Authorities perform most executions inside prison walls. Three men killed on Friday were tortured in an Iranian prison for months because they joined anti-government protests. Click here: https://www.mnnonline.org/news/executions-surge-in-iran/
Food Crisis Looms As Sudan Fighting Rages On
5/18/2023 – Sudan (Mission Network News) A food crisis looms as war rages in Sudan. Humanitarians expect food prices to rise 25 percent over the next three to six months. If farmers cannot access their fields to plant key crops between May and July, costs will skyrocket even more. “Sudan is very rich in natural resources so it should not be the case that people are starving. It all feels very sad,” Fadi Sharaiha with MENA Leadership Center says. Click here for more: https://www.mnnonline.org/news/food-crisis-looms-as-sudan-fighting-rages-on/
Militants Kill 42 Christians in Nigeria Farming Communities
5/18/2023 – Nigeria (International Christian Concern) Gunmen wielding AK-47s and machetes killed 42 Christians and burned dozens of houses near Mangu in Nigeria’s Plateau State. The attackers – suspected to be Fulani militants – raided at least 11 communities from midnight to dawn early Tuesday in Nigeria’ north-central region about 55 miles from the capital, Jos. Click here for more information: https://www.persecution.org/2023/05/17/fulani-militants-kill-christians-in-plateau-state/
‘MOST BELIEVERS ARE IN TRAUMA’: 60+ CHRISTIANS KILLED IN MANIPUR, INDIA
5/18/2023 -- India (Open Doors) On May 3, tensions between the Kuki tribe (who are majority Christian) and the majority-Hindu Meitei people in Manipur State, northeast India, escalated into violence. The community-wide rioting led to the burning of more than 200 churches and the deaths of more than 60 believers. Click here for more: https://www.opendoorsus.org/en-US/stories/Manipur-India-60-Christians-killed/
PRAYERS FOR THE CHURCH AND THE PERSECUTED BELIEVERS
• Pray for Getenah and the team who are in Ethiopia.
• Pray for the communities experiencing continued murder, violence, and unrest
• Pray for frontline pastors, workers, and their families in countries hostile to Christianity
• Pray for the believers who are persecuted, imprisoned, and even killed for their faith
• Pray for our persecuted brothers and sisters who are under attack. That they would know the hope God gives (Ephesians 1:18) and that the Holy Spirit will strengthen them (Ephesians 3:16)
• It is the attitude of a heart sincerely seeking Him to which God responds with a blessing (Isaiah 58, Jeremiah 14:12, and 1 Corinthians 8:8)
Weekly prayer insights from the heart of Pastor Getaneh. It is time to pray, let us pray that your will be done. Have your way!