2 CHRONICLES 7:14 If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
LET US BE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL
LORD GOD Almighty, help us to watch You. To keep our eyes fixed upon You and to worship You for all that You are! Help us to see You for who You are and worship You in all of You are!
• PSALM 59:9 You are my strength, I watch for You; You, GOD, are my fortress.
• MICAH 7:7 But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.
• HABAKKUK 2:1 I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint.
BLESSED SAVIOR, LORD JESUS, help us to watch YOU work in the nations, our nation, and our local area, and thank You for ALL that You are doing around us. Help us to pay attention to what GOD is doing around us this week!
• HABAKKUK 5:5 Look at the nations and watch--and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.
• MATTHEW 24:42 Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.
• 1 PETER 4:7 The end of all things is near. Therefore, be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray.
WATCHING WITH GOD
ABBA, FATHER, GOD, help us to watch and pray WITH YOU and see the news and world events
through Your eyes. Thank YOU for Your invitation to join You in watchful praying. Teach us to see
matters through Your perspective and pray as Your Spirit gives direction!
• GENESIS 28:15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.
• EZEKIEL 22:30 I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one.
• PROVERBS 15:3 The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good.
• PSALM 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
CURRENT WORLD EVENTS AND BREAKING NEWS
Sudanese Church Attack Leaves Five Christians Injured
5/16/2023 – Sudan (International Christian Concern) Five worshipers, including a priest, were injured during mass on Sunday, May 14, during an attack on the Mar Girgis Church in Omdurman... On Sunday, the United Nations reported that at least 676 people have been killed and 5,576 injured since April 15. Click here for more information: https://www.persecution.org/2023/05/15/sudanese-church-attack-leaves-five-christians-injured/
40 Christians Kidnapped from Church During Worship
5/16/2023 – DRC (International Christian Concern) Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) killed one during an attack in the Eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). A truck driver, identified as Wangeve Ghislain, was shot to death Sunday morning along the Beni-Kasindi road at the Kalindumbu, and his truck was set ablaze. He and his assistant were ambushed as they made the early morning trip to deliver goods. Wangeve’s assistant escaped with injuries. The villagers of Kalindumbu blamed the rebels affiliated with the Islamic State jihadist group for their continued attacks on innocent Christians who work hard to make ends meet. Click here for more information: https://www.persecution.org/2023/05/16/driver-killed-as-adf-attacks-surge/
Pakistani Missionary’s Arms Broken for Distributing Bibles
5/12/2023 – India (Mission Network News) Mission Cry works with four missionaries in Pakistan distributing Bibles and Christian books. Mission Cry’s President Jason Woolford says recently, one of their missionaries...attackers severely broke both of his arms, his wrists, and his hands, and told our Mission Cry missionary that ‘you’ll never distribute Bibles again. Click here for more: https://www.mnnonline.org/news/pakistani-missionarys-arms- broken-for-distributing-bibles/
Diocese Leaders Visit Churches Affected by Violence in Myanmar
5/11/2023 – Myanmar (International Christian Concern) Church leaders at the diocese in Kalay, Myanmar, organized a pilgrimage to churches affected by the conflict between the Tatmadaw – the ruling military junta – and pro-democracy civilian forces. Priests and nuns were accompanied by hundreds of young people while visiting seven churches in the Kalay diocese that covers parts of the majority-Christian Chin state. Click here: https://www.persecution.org/2023/05/12/church-leaders-visit-churches-affected-by-violence-in-myanmar/
Jihadists Flash Floods and Fighting Devastate Eastern DRC
5/9/2023 -- DRC (Mission Network News) Flash flooding devastated parts of the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo over the weekend. Sam Todd of Wycliffe Associates received a text early on Monday morning. “It came in at 4:18 am from our partner in Northeast DRC. It says, ‘Over 600 people have died in this (flooding) because of the rains; 2,500 people are wounded,’” he says. Click here for more information:
PRAYERS FOR THE CHURCH AND THE PERSECUTED BELIEVERS
• Pray for Getaneh and the team who are in Ethiopia.
• Pray for the communities experiencing continued murder, violence, and unrest
• Pray for frontline pastors, workers, and their families in countries hostile to Christianity
• Pray for the believers who are persecuted, imprisoned, and even killed for their faith
• Pray for our persecuted brothers and sisters who are under attack. That they would know the hope
God gives (Ephesians 1:18) and that the Holy Spirit will strengthen them (Ephesians 3:16)
• It is the attitude of a heart sincerely seeking Him to which God responds with a blessing (Isaiah 58,
Jeremiah 14:12, and 1 Corinthians 8:8)
Weekly prayer insights from the heart of Pastor Getaneh. It is time to pray, let us pray that your will be done. Have your way!