If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 CHRONICLES 7:14
LET US BE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL
LORD GOD Almighty, help us to watch You. To keep our eyes fixed upon You and to worship You for all that You are! Help us to see You for who You are and worship You in all of Your!
• PSALM 59:9 You are my strength, I watch for You; You, GOD, are my fortress.
• MICAH 7:7 But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.
• HABAKKUK 2:1 I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint.
BLESSED SAVIOR, LORD JESUS, help us to watch YOU work in the nations, our nation, and our local area, and thank You for ALL that You are doing around us. Help us to pay attention to what GOD is doing around us this week!
• HABAKKUK 5:5 Look at the nations and watch--and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.
• MATTHEW 24:42 Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.
• 1 PETER 4:7 The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray.
WATCHING WITH GOD
ABBA, FATHER, GOD, help us to watch and pray WITH YOU and see the news and world events through Your eyes. Thank YOU for Your invitation to join You in watchful praying. Teach us to see
matters through Your perspective and pray as Your Spirit gives direction!
• GENESIS 28:15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.
• EZEKIEL 22:30 I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one.
• PROVERBS 15:3 The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good.
• PSALM 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
CURRENT WORLD EVENTS AND BREAKING NEWS
Proposed Law in Israeli Knesset Against Religious Conversation
3/28/2023 – Israel (International Christian Concern) Two members of Israeli’s party, United Torah Judaism (UTJ), Moshe Gafni and Yaakov Asher have proposed to the Israeli Knesset (Parliament) new legislation to punish any conversions to Christianity with imprisonment. In the words of the proposed law, “Recently attempts of missionary groups, mainly Christians, to solicit conversation of religion have increased.” Click here for more: https://www.persecution.org/2023/03/28/proposed-law-in-israeli-knesset-against-religious-conversation/
Algerian Christians, Churches Face More Red Tape
3/27/2023 – Algeria (Mission Network News) In Algeria where Islam is the state religion, Ramadan is strictly observed. Muslims must fast in the daytime as they seek Allah’s favor. And even non-Muslims during Ramadan are forbidden by law from eating and drinking during the day in public. Life for Algerian Christians is increasingly difficult as the government closes churches and buries the religious group registration process in red tape. Click here for more information: https://www.mnnonline.org/news/algerian-christians-churches-face-more-red-tape/
Suspect in Worship Service Disruption Arrested
3/24/2023 – Uganda (International Christian Concern) ICC’s staff member in Indonesia reported that the congregation of the Kemah Daud Christian Church in Bandar Lampung was disbanded during their worship service by local authorities and
residents. The forced closure of the church was contrary to Indonesian President Jokowi’s recent appeal and undermined the Indonesian Constitution, which guarantees freedom of worship and religion for all. Click here for more: https://www.persecution.org/2023/03/24/suspect-in-worship-service-disruption-arrested/
Cell Phones Are A Lifeline In War-torn Ukraine
3/24/2023 -- Ukraine (Mission Network News) In war-torn Ukraine, people rely heavily on cell phones for information and communication. However, a cell phone is only as useful as the nearest charging port. Russian missiles have taken out over half of the Ukrainian power grid. “I’ve even seen a generator out on the street with at least 10 to 20 utility strips
chained together and everyone on the streets stopping to charge their phones...” Click here: https://www.mnnonline.org/news/cell-phones-are-a-lifeline-in-war-torn-ukraine/
Over 36 People Murdered in Brutal ADF Attack
3/23/2023 – China (International Christian Concern) China recently brokered a diplomatic agreement to normalize relations between Iran and Saudi Arabia, two historic rivals. The deal marks a significant shift in the Middle East’s geopolitical balance of powers and provides important insight into Beijing’s aspirations in the region and beyond. Click here: https://www.persecution.org/2023/03/22/restoring-relations-between-iran-and-saudi-arabia/
PRAYERS FOR THE CHURCH AND THE PERSECUTED BELIEVERS
• Ask the LORD to bring UNITY and REVIVAL to the Church
• Pray for the communities experiencing continued murder, violence, and unrest
• Pray for frontline pastors, workers and their families in countries hostile to Christianity
• Pray for the believers who are persecuted, imprisoned and even killed for their faith
• Pray for our persecuted brothers and sisters who are under attack. That they would know the hope God gives (Ephesians 1:18) and that the Holy Spirit will strengthen them (Ephesians 3:16)
• It is the attitude of a heart sincerely seeking Him to which God responds with a blessing (Isaiah 58, Jeremiah 14:12, and 1 Corinthians 8:8)
Weekly prayer insights from the heart of Pastor Getaneh. It is time to pray, let us pray that your will be done. Have your way!