If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
LET US BE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL WATCHING GOD
LORD GOD Almighty, help us to watch You. To keep our eyes fixed upon You and to worship You for all that You are! Help us to see You for who You are and worship You in all of Your!
• PSALM 59:9 You are my strength, I watch for You; You, GOD, are my fortress.
• MICAH 7:7 But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.
• HABAKKUK 2:1 I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint.
BLESSED SAVIOR, LORD JESUS, help us to watch YOU work in the nations, our nation, and our local area, and thank You for ALL that You are doing around us. Help us to pay attention to what GOD is doing around us this week!
• HABAKKUK 5:5 Look at the nations and watch--and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.
• MATTHEW 24:42 Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.
• 1 PETER 4:7 The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray.
WATCHING WITH GOD
ABBA, FATHER, GOD, help us to watch and pray WITH YOU and see the news and world events through Your eyes. Thank YOU for Your invitation to join You in watchful praying. Teach us to see matters through Your perspective and pray as Your Spirit gives direction!
• GENESIS 28:15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.
• EZEKIEL 22:30 I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one.
• PROVERBS 15:3 The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good.
• PSALM 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
CURRENT WORLD EVENTS AND BREAKING NEWS
Two Decades of Persecution Leaves Iraqi Christians with an Uncertain Future
3/21/2023 – Iraq (Mission Network News) This week marks the 20th anniversary of the launching of the U.S.-led coalition’s invasion of Iraq and the subsequent toppling of Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein Between 2014 and 2017, the conflict and attempted genocide by ISIS towards Iraq’s Christians, led to even greater numbers of Christians leaving Iraq. Click here: https://www.persecution.org/2023/03/21/two-decades-of-persecution-leaves-iraqi-christians-with-an-uncertain-future/
Over 70 Christians Killed in DRC in Two Weeks
3/17/2023 – DRC (International Christian Concern) In just two weeks, 72 Christians have been killed in Nord Kivu, in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) by the Islamist rebel group, the Allied Democratic Forces (ADF). Mulinde Esemo, a key church leader in Butembo, DRC, confirmed that the past two weeks have been a period of “great anguish” for the body of Christ in Congo. Click here for more information: https://www.persecution.org/2023/03/20/over-70-christians-killed-in-drc-in-two-weeks/
Karamojong Girls In Uganda Face Marginalization
3/16/2023 – Uganda (Mission Network News) Over 700,000 girls in Uganda under the age of 12 have never gone to school. The high school statistics are even worse. Only one in five Ugandan girls make it past eighth grade. Especially in Uganda’s northeastern region of Karamoja, women and girls face marginalization in several areas. Click here for more information: https://www.mnnonline.org/news/karamojong-girls-in-uganda-face-marginalization/
Death Toll in Latest Boko Haram Attack Exceeds 30
3/15/2023 -- Nigeria (International Christian Concern) A spokesperson for the UN reported that more than 30 fishermen and farmers were killed in a terrorist attack by Boko Haram in Borno State last Friday. The attack took place in the village of Dikwa, close to the Sambisa forest, a known Boko Haram stronghold and hideout. Most of the Boko Haram activity remains concentrated in northern Nigeria, where they have maintained an insurgency for 13 years. Click here: https://www.persecution.org/2023/03/15/death-toll-in-latest-boko-haram-attack-exceeds-30/
Over 36 People Murdered in Brutal ADF Attack
3/13/2023 – DRC (International Christian Concern) In the early hours of the morning on Thursday, March 9, militants belonging to the Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) attacked a village in the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). At least 36 people were killed during the overnight attack. The attack, during which the militants targeted the village of Mukondi, just south of the city of Beni in North Kivu province, took place in an area that has been plagued with violent rebel activity. Click here for more information: https://www.persecution.org/2023/03/13/over-36-people-murdered-in-brutal-adf-attack/
PRAYERS FOR THE CHURCH AND THE PERSECUTED BELIEVERS
• Ask the LORD to bring UNITY and REVIVAL to the Church
• Pray for the communities experiencing continued murder, violence, and unrest
• Pray for frontline pastors, workers and their families in countries hostile to Christianity
• Pray for the believers who are persecuted, imprisoned and even killed for their faith
• Pray for our persecuted brothers and sisters who are under attack. That they would know the hope God gives (Ephesians 1:18) and that the Holy Spirit will strengthen them (Ephesians 3:16)
• It is the attitude of a heart sincerely seeking Him to which God responds with a blessing (Isaiah 58, Jeremiah 14:12, and 1 Corinthians 8:8)
Weekly prayer insights from the heart of Pastor Getaneh. It is time to pray, let us pray that your will be done. Have your way!