Steadfast…/sted, fast/ (adj) resolutely or dutifully firm, firmly fixed in place and unwavering: immovable, loyal, committed, devoted, dedicated, dependable, reliable, steady, true, constant, solid.
Stand firm in faith and hold on to the truth. It is essential that we meditate on Scripture so that we are never deceived. Through our trials we are to remain steadfast and know that “this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison.”
“Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.” ~ 1 Corinthians 15:58
“Thus says the Lord who made the earth, the Lord who formed it to establish it, the Lord is His name, ‘Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’” ~ Jeremiah 33:2-3
Everybody is called to pray. Please pray for the following!
· The UNREACHED in Ethiopia, Djibouti, Eritrea, Somalia, Kenya, and South Sudan – Pray for the most important leaders of these countries – that the Holy Spirit will take away their spiritual blindness (2 Cor. 4:4). Pray for supernatural/extraordinary manifestations of God through dreams, healing, revelations and visions, etc. among the unreached of these countries (Acts 2:19; 4:30; Heb. 2:4). Pray that the Spirit of God will raise people from these countries to build a strong church among their own people. Pray that God’s Name be glorified and honored wherever the Truth is suppressed or denied. Pray that God’s Kingdom come and rule and His will become effective where it is defied and where it is opposed by His enemies! (Matthew 6:9-10)
· The CHURCH of the UNREACHED and all over the World – It is the task of the church of Jesus Christ to take the Gospel of Salvation to the nations of the World. Pray that the Church of Christ will take the Commission in Matthew 28:18-20 literally. Pray for the church to gain a new vision for mission work. Pray for the Church to persevere despite persecution. Pray for unity among the small groups and against false doctrines that often come and destroy the young congregations. Pray for outpouring of the Holy Spirit on them (Acts 4:31).
· For the SALVATION of the people from the UNREACHED –Pray that whole families will become converted – it makes it easier for the converts to remain standing. Pray that the Holy Spirit will work in their hearts in a divine way and urge them to search for the True God in Jesus Christ. Pray especially for the redemption of individuals who are leaders or who are in positions of authority in these countries. Pray that these people will openly confess their sins and their faith in Christ and that they will also follow Him openly.
If my people who are called by name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. – II Chronicles 7:14
Breaking News & Latest Headlines For The Week
Uganda: Refusal to convert to Islam ends in family tragedy
Published January 30, 2018 --A Christian woman has been brutally attacked with a machete by her Muslim husband for refusing to convert to his religion... The attack led to the death of the woman’s one-week-old twins. Regina Navatovu, 35, lived with her husband...in Bumogolo village in the south of Uganda.…Click here https://www.worldwatchmonitor.org/2018/01/uganda-refusal-to-convert-to-islam-ends-in-family-tragedy/
Boko Haram sets churches on fire in latest attack on Cameroon’s Far North
January 29, 2018 — The residents of Roum village in the Far North region of Cameroon woke up to two churches and many houses ablaze on the night of 15 January. The fire was claimed by Boko Haram militants, who had stormed the village late at night. Four people were killed.… Click here: https://www.worldwatchmonitor.org/2018/01/boko-haram-sets-fire-to-churches-in-latest-attack-on-cameroons-far-north/
Egypt Militants Kill Christian For Faith; Others Injured
January 27, 2018 -- CAIRO, EGYPT (BosNewsLife)-- Christians in Egypt have faced a deadly New Year as Islamic militants killed a Christian man while angry Muslims injured at least five believers and forced a Christian couple to leave their town, BosNewsLife learned Friday, January 26. Despite the bloodshed, an embattled Christian community pledged to build the first church in its troubled history. Click here for more: http://www.bosnewslife.com/38285-egypt-militants-kill-christian-for-faith-others-injured
China’s Faith-Friendly Gov’t-Run Churches: All Façade and No Substance
Published January 26, 2018 By Eric Metaxas – To foreign Christians, China portrays itself as a free country. But Chinese Christians know better…behind this façade of friendliness toward Christianity, China in fact has a much different policy toward the faith. Of the country’s 60 million believers, the majority worship outside of the law. And… the consequences can be severe. https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/eric-metaxas/chinas-faith-friendly-govt-run-churches-all-fa-ade-and-no-substance
For Chinese Muslims the cost of becoming a Christian is loneliness
January 24, 2018 -- For the few thousand Muslims in China who have become Christians, life is characterized by loneliness. Cast out from their families and communities, in the rural areas where most of them live it is difficult to find other Christians, especially under China’s strict religion regulations... Click here for more: https://www.worldwatchmonitor.org/2018/01/chinese-muslims-cost-becoming-christian-loneliness/
Niger’s churches rebuilt, but West African nation ‘no longer tolerant’
January 24, 2018 -- In Niger new buildings have emerged from the rubble of churches destroyed three years ago in the aftermath of the Charlie Hebdo attacks in Paris. On the weekend of 16-17 January, 2015, more than 70 churches were ransacked by hundreds of angry Islamists, who were said to be angered at the presence of Niger President Mahamadou Issoufou in Paris, along with five other African heads of state. Click here for more: https://www.worldwatchmonitor.org/2018/01/27834/
Special Prayer Request!!
• Pray for the believers who are persecuted, imprisoned & even killed for their faith.
• Pray for the underground church and pastors we support in East Africa.
• Pray for the upcoming mission trip to East Africa in April 2018
Weekly prayer insights from the heart of Pastor Getaneh. It is time to pray, let us pray that your will be done. Have your way!