Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
Everybody is called to pray. Please pray for the following!
• The UNREACHED in Ethiopia, Djibouti, Eritrea, Somalia, Kenya, and South Sudan – Pray for the most important leaders of these countries – that the Holy Spirit will take away their spiritual blindness (2 Cor. 4:4). Pray for supernatural/extraordinary manifestations of God through dreams, healing, revelations, and visions, etc. among the unreached of these countries (Acts 2:19; 4:30; Heb. 2:4). Pray that the Spirit of God will raise people from these countries to build a strong church among their own people. Pray that God’s Name be glorified and honored wherever the Truth is suppressed or denied. Pray that God’s Kingdom come, and rule and His will become effective where it is defied and where it is opposed by His enemies! (Matthew 6:9-10)
• The CHURCH of the UNREACHED and all over the World – It is the task of the church of Jesus Christ to take the Gospel of Salvation to the nations of the World. Pray that the Church of Christ will take the Commission in Matthew 28:18-20 literally. Pray for the church to gain a new vision for mission work. Pray for the Church to persevere despite persecution. Pray for unity among the small groups and against false doctrines that often come and destroy the young congregations. Pray for outpouring of the Holy Spirit on them (Acts 4:31).
• For the SALVATION of the people from the UNREACHED –Pray that whole families will become converted – it makes it easier for the converts to remain standing. Pray that the Holy Spirit will work in their hearts in a divine way and urge them to search for the True God in Jesus Christ. Pray especially for the redemption of individuals who are leaders or who are in positions of authority in these countries. Pray that these people will openly confess their sins and their faith in Christ and that they will also follow Him openly.
2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
BREAKING NEWS AND LATEST HEADLINES
A New Year Brings Waves of Persecution in North Africa
1/23/2024 – North Africa (International Christian Concern) In the past several months, North Africa has seen a disturbing surge in persecution of its national Christians, with Mauritania, Algeria, and Libya at the forefront of escalating hostilities
against Christians. This unsettling trend sheds light on the complex interplay of political, religious, and social factors that contribute to the challenges faced by Christian minorities in the region. Click here: https://www.persecution.org/2024/01/24/a-new-year-brings-waves-of-persecution-in-north-africa/
Outlook Grim for Christians in Comoros Following Election
1/23/2024 – Comoros (International Christian Concern) Comoros President Azali Assoumani was reelected last week, ensuring that Christians will face ongoing challenges and persecution on this small island off the Eastern coast of Africa. Religious freedom in Comoros is close to nothing. The constitution states, “Islam is the state religion and citizens shall draw principles and rules to regulate worship and social life from the Shafi’i school of Sunni Islam.” Click here: https://www.persecution.org/2024/01/23/outlook-grim-for-christians-in-comoros-following-election/
Extremists Kill Christian Man, Set Church Ablaze in Sudan
1/22/2024 — Sudan (International Christian Concern) Karbino Bla, a Christian Sudanese man, succumbed to his injuries on Jan. 5, five days after he was assaulted by members of the Rapid Support Forces (RSF) in Wad Medani. One week later, Muslim extremists, also from the RSF, set fire to a church in the same city, destroying Bibles, hymn books, and church supplies. This incident is one of many church bombings in Sudan, including…the Church of Savior, which had stood for 81 years. Click here for more: https://www.persecution.org/2024/01/22/extremists-kill-christian-man-set-church-ablaze-in-sudan/
Tears on Sacred Ground: The Heartbreaking Plight of Eritrea’s Christians
1/22/2024 — Eritrea (International Christian Concern) Since the 2002 registration requirement came into existence, no religious group has passed the registration process. For now, all religious activity outside of the highly regulated official state religions is still illegal. Christians caught conducting religious activities, even something as simple as a Bible study at home, can be arrested, subjected to torture, and possibly executed under charges of treason. Click here for more information: https://www.persecution.org/2024/01/22/tears-on-sacred-ground-the-heartbreaking-plight-of-eritreas-christians/
Arab Parliament Defends Algeria’s Religious Freedom Violations
1/17/2024 — Algeria (International Christian Concern) Despite nearly every Christian church being shut down in Algeria, theArab Parliament recently came to the country’s defense, claiming that Algeria has made great efforts topromote religious freedom. Click here for more information: https://www.persecution.org/2024/01/17/arab-parliament-defends-algerias-religious-freedom-violations/
Special Prayer Request!!
• Ask the LORD to bring UNITY and REVIVAL to the Church
• Pray for the communities experiencing continued murder, violence, and unrest.
• Pray for frontline pastors, workers, and their families in countries hostile to Christianity.
• Pray for the believers who are persecuted, imprisoned, and even killed for their faith.
• Pray for our persecuted brothers and sisters who are under attack. That they would know the hope God gives (Ephesians 1:18) and that the Holy Spirit will strengthen them (Ephesians 3:16)
• It is the attitude of a heart sincerely seeking Him to which God responds with a blessing (Isaiah 58, Jeremiah 14:12, and 1 Corinthians 8:8)
Weekly prayer insights from the heart of Pastor Getaneh. It is time to pray, let us pray that your will be done. Have your way!