If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 CHRONICLES 7:14
LET US BE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL
LORD GOD Almighty, help us to watch You. To keep our eyes fixed upon You and to worship You for all that You are! Help us to see You for who You are and worship You in all of You are!
• PSALM 59:9 You are my strength, I watch for You; You, GOD, are my fortress.
• MICAH 7:7 But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.
• HABAKKUK 2:1 I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint.
BLESSED SAVIOR, LORD JESUS, help us to watch YOU work in the nations, our nation, and our local area, and thank You for ALL that You are doing around us. Help us to pay attention to what GOD is doing around us this week!
• HABAKKUK 5:5 Look at the nations and watch—and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.
• MATTHEW 24:42 Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.
• 1 PETER 4:7 The end of all things is near. Therefore, be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray.
WATCHING WITH GOD
ABBA, FATHER, GOD, help us to watch and pray WITH YOU and see the news and world events through Your eyes. Thank YOU for Your invitation to join You in watchful praying. Teach us to see matters through Your perspective and pray as Your Spirit gives direction!
• GENESIS 28:15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.
• EZEKIEL 22:30 I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one.
• PROVERBS 15:3 The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good.
• PSALM 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
CURRENT WORLD EVENTS AND BREAKING NEWS
Aleppo’s Christians Face Ongoing Struggles from War and Displacement
12/19/2023 – Syria (International Christian Concern) Aleppo, the second-largest city in Syria, has witnessed profound transformations over the past 12 years, becoming a poignant symbol of the broader challenges faced by the nation and the entire Middle East region. Aleppo, in the past decade, has experienced the devastating consequences of war, mass displacement, economic crises, and societal breakdown. Many homes remain under stagnant water today. Click here for more information: https://www.persecution.org/2023/12/19/aleppos-christians-face-ongoing-struggles/
Bangladeshi Pastor Arrested, Later Learns of “Secret Charges”
12/19/2023 — Bangladesh (Mission Network News) A Christian pastor in Bangladesh thought he was being arrested for a dispute with his Muslim family. But it has spiraled into worse charges than he could have imagined. Pastor Tomal was beaten by his father and stepbrother, who then pressed charges against him. Click here: https://www.mnnonline.org/news/bangladeshi-pastor-arrested-later-learns-of-secret-charges/
Harassment and Persecution Faced by Egyptian Christians
12/18/2023 – Egypt (International Christian Concern) In the aftermath of these horrifying events, Amina and her husband decided to seek sanctuary in a new city to start a new life. Such persecution cases illustrate the threats Christians, especially Christian women, face in parts of Egypt, and the lack of protection that they have from extremist neighbors from harassing and attacking them. Click here for more:https://www.persecution.org/2023/12/18/harassment-and-persecution-faced-by-egyptian-christians/
200 ADF Rebels Killed in the DRC
12/15/2023 – DRC (International Christian Concern) Suspected Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni told the press that a defense effort in September resulted in the death of approximately 200 Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) rebels. The ADF is a rebel group affiliated with the Islamic State, who carry out attacks along the border of the DRC and Uganda. The ADF has been active in the two countries since the mid-1990s and is responsible for the death of thousands. Click here: https://www.persecution.org/2023/12/15/200-adf-rebels-killed-in-the-drc/
Chinese Christian Persecution Worst in 40 Years
12/14/2023 – India (Mission Network News) Dr. Fu spoke about this issue recently on The Voice of the Martyrs Canada’s podcast, Closer to the Fire. “Without any exaggeration, the persecution against the Christians and other religious minorities has really reached the worst level we have not seen in 40 years since the Cultural Revolution.” Click here: https://www.mnnonline.org/news/chinese-christian-persecution-worst-in-40-years/
PRAYERS FOR THE CHURCH AND THE PERSECUTED BELIEVERS
• Pray for God’s favor over Wose. Pray Getaneh will have full recovery, healing, and strength.
• Pray for a peaceful de-escalation of this conflict, an end to cycles of death, revenge, and hatred, and for a future of freedom and peace for both Israeli and Palestinian Christians.
• Pray for frontline pastors, workers, and their families in countries hostile to Christianity.
• Pray for the believers who are persecuted, imprisoned, and even killed for their faith.
• Pray for our persecuted brothers and sisters who are under attack. That they would know the hope God gives (Ephesians 1:18) and that the Holy Spirit will strengthen them (Ephesians 3:16)
• It is the attitude of a heart sincerely seeking Him to which God responds with a blessing (Isaiah 58, Jeremiah 14:12, and 1 Corinthians 8:8)
Weekly prayer insights from the heart of Pastor Getaneh. It is time to pray, let us pray that your will be done. Have your way!