2 CHRONICLES 7:14 If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
LET US BE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL
LORD GOD Almighty, help us to watch You. To keep our eyes fixed upon You and to worship You for all that You are! Help us to see You for who You are and worship You in all of You are!
• PSALM 59:9 You are my strength, I watch for You; You, GOD, are my fortress.
• MICAH 7:7 But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.
• HABAKKUK 2:1 I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint.
BLESSED SAVIOR, LORD JESUS, help us to watch YOU work in the nations, our nation, and our local area, and thank You for ALL that You are doing around us. Help us to pay attention to what GOD is doing around us this week!
• HABAKKUK 5:5 Look at the nations and watch—and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.
• MATTHEW 24:42 Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.
• 1 PETER 4:7 The end of all things is near. Therefore, be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray.
WATCHING WITH GOD
ABBA, FATHER, GOD, help us to watch and pray WITH YOU and see the news and world events through Your eyes. Thank YOU for Your invitation to join You in watchful praying. Teach us to see matters through Your perspective and pray as Your Spirit gives direction!
• GENESIS 28:15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.
• EZEKIEL 22:30 I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one.
• PROVERBS 15:3 The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good.
• PSALM 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
CURRENT WORLD EVENTS AND BREAKING NEWS
ICC Release Report on Historic and Modern Persecution of Christians in Egypt Refugees
11/14/2023 – Egypt (International Christian Concern) Being nearly twenty centuries old, Coptic Christianity has endured an almost unbroken sufferance from persecution since its inception – and we continue to witness this persecution in the present day. Reports of persecution since the first century have reached “near genocide levels” and render Copts the most persecuted ethno-religious sect in world history. Click here for more information: https://www.persecution.org/2023/11/14/icc-egypt-report/
Lebanese Feeling Ripple Effect of Conflict on Israel Border
11/13/2023 – Lebanon (Mission Network News) The United Nations warns of a “potential mass exodus” of Palestinian refugees as fighting escalates in southern Lebanon. The Lebanese terror group Hezbollah began attacking northern Israel in early October. Click here: https://www.mnnonline.org/news/lebanese-feeling-the-ripple-effect-of- conflict-on-israel-border/
Persians Describe Human Rights Conditions in Iran, Afghanistan
11/12/2023 – Iran (Mission Network News) Religious freedom and women’s rights are under attack in the Persian-speaking world. Iran’s oppressive treatment of women continues despite months of protests. Afghanistan – ruled by the Taliban for over two years now – is barring women and girls from most areas of public life. Click here for more: https://www.mnnonline.org/news/persians-describe-human-rights-conditions-in-iran-afghanistan/
Boko Haram Kills at Least 11 in Borno State
11/09/2023 – Nigeria (International Christian Concern) Boko Haram jihadists attacked rice fields in the farming community of Zabarmari outside the regional capital Maiduguri. The attackers stormed the village and slit the throats of anyone they could find. The farmers slept in their fields overnight to protect their harvested goods before transporting them the following morning. https://www.persecution.org/2023/11/09/boko-haram-kills-at-least-11-in-borno-state/
Persecution Continues Against Algerian Christians as War Rages in the Middle East
11/08/2023 — Algeria (International Christian Concern) The Algerian government continues its crackdown on churches in the North African nation of 42 million people. House churches can now only have a maximum of ten people per gathering. Last year in 2022, Algeria closed at least 16 churches Click here for more information: https://www.persecution.org/2023/11/08/persecution-continues-against-algerian-christians-as-war-rages-in-the-middle-east/
PRAYERS FOR THE CHURCH AND THE PERSECUTED BELIEVERS
• Pray for a peaceful de-escalation of this conflict, an end to cycles of death, revenge, and hatred, and for a future of freedom and peace for both Israeli and Palestinian Christians.
• Pray for Getaneh’s surgery 11/17/2023. Pray for Wose and Getaneh’s health.
• Pray for frontline pastors, workers, and their families in countries hostile to Christianity.
• Pray for the believers who are persecuted, imprisoned, and even killed for their faith.
• Pray for our persecuted brothers and sisters who are under attack. That they would know the hope God gives (Ephesians 1:18) and that the Holy Spirit will strengthen them (Ephesians 3:16)
• It is the attitude of a heart sincerely seeking Him to which God responds with a blessing (Isaiah 58, Jeremiah 14:12, and 1 Corinthians 8:8)
Every two minutes, someone is killed for their faith. Together, we must pray for the millions of persecuted Christians as they face the world’s greatest problem — lostness.
• PRAY FOR SPIRIT-GIVEN BOLDNESS for all persecuted believers for wisdom in handling difficult situations.
• ASK GOD TO increase their faith and trust in Him as He proves Himself faithful to His children.
• PRAY EPHESIANS 6:10-11 over persecuted believers: “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.”
• PRAY FOR THOSE AFFECTED by government hostility to be strengthened in their relationship with Jesus.
• ASK GOD TO WORK in the hearts of those in power, so that they will see the value and worth of Christians.
• PRAY ACTS 4:29 over persecuted believers: “Lord, look upon their threats and grant to your servants to continue to speak your word with all boldness.”
• PRAY FOR UNITY AND PEACE among believers who are forced out of their families because of their beliefs.
• ASK GOD TO PROVIDE for their spiritual and physical needs as they follow Jesus and grow in their faith.
• PRAY 2 CORINTHIANS 1:3-4 for persecuted believers: “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.”
• PRAY FOR WISDOM AND COURAGE for persecuted believers who face ultimatums.
• ASK GOD TO USE their testimony and provide opportunities for them to share the gospel with their neighbors.
• PRAY FOR PERSECUTED BELIEVERS to recall James 1:2-4: “Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.”
• PRAY PERSECUTED BELIEVERS will not be discouraged but emboldened by the Holy Spirit.
• PRAY THAT THEY WILL cling to God’s Word, seek Him in steadfast prayer, and stand firm in Him.
• ASK GOD TO REMIND persecuted believers of Romans 8:37-39: “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Weekly prayer insights from the heart of Pastor Getaneh. It is time to pray, let us pray that your will be done. Have your way!